What’s New in Dynamics 365 for Customer Service April 2019 Release
Dynamics 365 for Customer Service April 2019 update will bring new features like SMS support, live chat, portal messaging, along with new Omni-channel engagement hub. In this blog, we will discuss some of the major features.
Omni-channel engagement hub
One of the most anticipated arrivals for Customer Service is the new Omni-channel engagement hub, a cloud-based service that enables you to connect and communicate with your customers via live chat, SMS and customer service portals. This allows your agents to engage with your customers across different channels through a highly customisable app. To ensure utmost effectivity of your agents, this app offers contextual customer identification, real-time notifications, and agent productivity tools like knowledgebase integration, search and case creation.
This feature will help you create a two-way conversation through SMS to connect you more personally with your customers. Key capabilities include:
- Seamless setup experience of SMS channel for conversational SMS messages inside the application to increase support agent productivity.
- Updating customers with automated response management and automated SMS notifications, including notifications to customers during case creation, case resolution, appointment reminders.
- Two-way texting between customers and your organization for product inquiry, installation query, support issues and many more through direct text messages.
Note: Customers will need an SMS subscription with Telesign to leverage the two-way texting capabilities.
Live chat channel
Live chat is popular because of its simplicity and simultaneous engagement with multiple customers at a time. Key capabilities that aim to increase agent productivity:
- You can now create multiple chat widgets to segregate Portal users and create personalised experiences based on their profile, organizational preferences, and location on the website.
- You can configure business hours to hide the chat widget, show only during specific times, or show an offline survey outside of business hours.
- Anticipate customer issues and address them proactively by creating rule-based triggers to create dynamic call-to-action bubbles on chat widgets. You can define your own rules based on your target audience, location, user context, and so on.
It’s possible today for customers to create cases and request support using Dynamics 365 Portal. With Portal messaging, these work items can be routed to appropriate agents via the unified routing and work distribution system of Omni-channel Engagement Hub. Agents can use the same multi-session experience to handle these work items alongside those coming in from channels such as Live Chat, SMS, and so on.
Dynamics 365 Virtual Agent for Customer Service allows organizations to automate routine conversations, letting agents focus on high-value interactions. Key capabilities include:
- Routing incoming chat requests to virtual agents.
- Enabling escalation of conversations from virtual agents to a human agent.
- Providing complete context to human agents by making available the full transcript of virtual agent conversations.
- Enabling customer service managers to monitor conversations being handled by virtual agents.
If you have any questions in the meantime regarding the April update, just call our friendly team on 01296 328689. Our team will be more than pleased to discuss these with you.
If you want to learn about the other D365 related updates, follow the links below:
- What’s New in Dynamics 365 for Field Service April 2019 Release
- What’s New in Dynamics 365 for Marketing April 2019 Release
- What’s New in Dynamics 365 for Sales April 2019 Release
- What’s New in Power BI April 2019 Release
- What’s New in PowerApps April 2019 Release
- How to Deploy Dynamics 365 April 2019 Release
Also, if you want to learn how this cutting-edge technology can empower your customer services team to revolutionise your customer experiences, visit our Customer Service page or call us at +44 01296 328 689.
Join the Discussion
you might also like
7 Best Picks from Dynamics 365 2019 Wave 2 Release
Microsoft announced its Wave 2 product release plan for Dynamics 365 and Power P...read more
Outlook category now tracks appointments, emails in Dynamics 365
Have you ever wanted an easier tracking of Outlook activities in your Dynamics 3...read more
The convergence of CRM and ERP: Myth or Reality?
Introduction Over the last year or so, I have noticed increasingly we are being ...read more