Microsoft Updates on New Capabilities in Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2016
Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2016 will be available before the end of the calendar year.
The new developments are aimed to increase productivity for customer-facing employees by providing a seamless experience across their Dynamics CRM application and their productivity applications like email, Excel, OneDrive for Business for easier task management, an enhanced mobile experience for the worker on the go, and enriched data and analytics.
These new capabilities include:
- An enhanced Excel experience within CRM, including new Excel templates to automate many core tasks. This helps our customers across the board but particularly in sales as it allows them to do things like calculate commissions or manage a sales forecast. They get analysis and insights directly in their sales processes, without the need to export or switch – just easy toggling to reduce countless steps and eliminate the complexity.
- The next generation of our CRM app for outlook enables people to track emails, add contacts from within an email or even create new records to track emails through the browser on PC, Mac or mobile browser on a phone.
- Delve functionality to surface trending content that is most relevant to what a person is working on and what is trending around them. For example, Delve might show popular presentations or proposals to help our customers with their opportunity or account.
- Contextual documents across SharePoint, OneDrive for Business, and Office 365 Groups for any CRM record. Seamlessly open various Office apps within CRM or the CRM mobile app. We’re making it easy for people to open a document in the CRM app using different application on various devices like Microsoft PowerPoint for iPad or Microsoft Word for iPhone. After reviewing the document, they can return back to the CRM app simply by just tapping on the “back” button.
- Personalised sales documents based on CRM data are now easier to build with Document Generation. People no longer need to manually extract CRM data for documents such as account summaries, quotes/orders/invoices, product sheets in Word. Automation of this core sales task is another way we’re saving people time.
- Next generation Cortana integration. We’re taking our Cortana integration to the next level by embedding sales activities, accounts and opportunities into Cortana to surface what’s most relevant to salespeople at any time – across both personal and professional sources.
Watch the short video below to get an overview of these new capabilities. Also, you can find out more about the exciting new capabilities of Dynamics CRM 2016 in the Release Preview Guide.
Get your teams ready
Whether you are an experienced CRM user or new to Dynamics, we have a wealth of training spanning sales and technical courses available online and in person. Contact us to book your CRM training now!
Join the Discussion
you might also like
Outlook category now tracks appointments, emails in Dynamics 365
Have you ever wanted an easier tracking of Outlook activities in your Dynamics 3...read more
The convergence of CRM and ERP: Myth or Reality?
Introduction Over the last year or so, I have noticed increasingly we are being ...read more
What’s New in PowerApps April 2019 Release
Rolled out in 2015, PowerApps is a powerful mobile solution that allows you to c...read more